Tuesday, June 22, 2010

South America Beauty

I recently traveled to South America...Argentina and Colombia. I love traveling to old/historic cities...no beaches for me, I have enough of them here. Thought I'd share some photos of the architecture and the rich culture, especially in Cartagena, Colombia.

(Brick Wall outside the Recoleta Cemetary)

We took a side trip to Colonia de Sacramento, Uruguay from Buenos Aires. It's a charming little town. I especially loved these old cars and how they are just displayed there, like decorated streets. Notice the vines and bushes growing out of the car in the far back.




Church Bells outside the Recoleta Cemetary in Buenos Aires


Accordian player at "Caminito" Buenos Aires


Breath taking views of Iguazu Falls, in Argentina


Bells..going down to a wine cellar in Cartagena, Colombia


Beautiful Cartagena Streets...Just love the rich colors and culture


Street vendor in Cartagena



I love this photo of this grumpy looking Colombian "sailor" man and his dog.


As you can see, I also have a love for photography.
Thinking of my next vacation now, possibly South Africa. We'll see.

XoXo,

Iris

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, this makes me want to go to Colombia even more! Thanks for pointing me to this post. Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete